Data Backup Options
Iseehear Inc. Life Sciences employs multiple backup strategies to backup all of our subscribers' data:
- SoftMouse.NET ensures that customer data remains available through complete automated daily backups.
- SoftMouse.NET customer’s also have the option to manually back their data up to a spreadsheet whenever they so desire.
Iseehear Inc. Life Sciences backs-up the SoftMouse database every day at a secure second location. This back-up represents a non-editable copy of all data inputted into the database up to that date. By "non-editable", we mean that no SoftMouse user (including yourself or any one in your lab) can access these back-ups to change the content, i.e. the back-ups represent an actual snapshot of your colony from that time point. By extension, with these back-ups, we can pull up a copy of your data from a previous point in time if you ever need to reference what your colony looked like exactly at a specific time point.
To learn more about Iseehear Inc. Life Sciences Information Security Management Click Here
All subscriber data is automatically backed up.
We have two internal secure Cloud methods of data backup of all data inputted into the SoftMouse database:
- A real time Cloud backup into a second database
- A daily backup into a secondary Cloud location
Manual Personal Backups
Subscribers can execute the following manual local back up features that are included within the application and are available at all times:
Good Data Backup Hygiene Practices
- Print all Lists to PDF (Portable Document Format) and/or print to paper copy
- Export all Lists to a spreadsheet which can be saved on a local computer
Learn more here
We also have an audit log that traces all updates made to your data, including:
- what change was made (old value and new value),
- which user made the change,
- on what date and what time.